Monday, October 6, 2008

This Story Business Can Be Tough

I don't really find writing that difficult. I've been told by some I even have a talent for it. But despite that, I over-analyze assignments, and probably make the choice of what to write more difficult.

I've been juggling around with several different ideas for stories. The roadblock I kept meeting, "what would my sources be?" Too many of my ideas were coming off more opinion based than something to gather actual facts on. I could go around, ask staff and students, but the only thing factual would be how they feel, and not in the "how do you feel about the campus" way, more so in the "how do you feel about this...?" and running into a roadblock for getting the other side of the story, or enough people with information of the other side. Maybe I'm starting off viewing our assignments wrong. But I want to keep things closer to the school and community as well.

I ended up rethinking things, looked over the school calendar and people I know or have met around campus, and things I think a. I think I actually have a good line-up of about 3-4 stories, and may struggle putting a good 5th together. But I do figure that this is an election year, which only comes around every 4, so I might as well have a story related to that, if I have no other ideas. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

No comments: