Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Return

I find it really hard to get myself situated this term. It's like my brain won't register that it's no longer summer and that a new term has begun. Looking back, I think my summer was so chaotic, filled with the most I think I've ever done in the past 20 summers of my life combined.

I'm slowly attempting to adjust, although I realize I need to be quicker about it. I do feel like an old, tired vet here on campus with a large group of fresh, confused, and anxious cadets. I overhear all these questions and concerns people have about their first year and their new experiences here on campus, and I find myself the seasoned student, knowing the campus almost top to bottom.

I was starting to think it was just from my time being here and getting to know how things functioned. However, spending some time with friends on campus, I realized it's not just that. Some have been here as long as I have, and are just now seeing certain things like the new Learning Center, or haven't learned the importance of getting their required text within the first week.

Something that seems to be continuous through courses this term is the fact that the subjects are things Ienjoy and have an interest in, but am not entirely confident in when a grade is applied. I look forward to this News Reporting and Writing course, as well as my other courses, and hope that I can perform to the best of my abilities, improve on some things, and be happy with the turnout.

No comments: